Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Friday, August 17

Our Greatness….

I don't know about other left-handed people -- but I struggle sometimes doing things the way we are supposed to. Most people hold their paper vertical and write -- me I hold my paper so it is horizontal to my body. Shooting videos and painting -- means holding the paper vertically -- which does not come naturally to me.
But I think it would be hard to watch a movie with your head cocked off to the side to get a clear view of what I'm doing. 
So my art journal pages are a little  bit messy -- at least the ones I'm filming. It probably only something that I would notice. But, I think with practice practice and more practice -- with my paper placed vertically in front of me -- I can work through the messiness and retrain my hand to paint that way. 
Which brings me to my quote today. Everyday -- every year -- all the time we have opportunities to re-make ourselves. Whether it is as a wife, friend, mother, artist, teacher, smoker, eater, beater, President, principal -- every one has the opportunity to shed the way they were for the way they want to be. 

It takes courage. 
It takes hard-work.
And persistence. and a whole lot of strength. But you can do it.

Everyone has it within themselves to be great -- at whatever it is they want to do. Start today. I am.
What do you want to be great at?

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I so know what you mean about the left handed-ness as I am a leftie, too. But when I write I tilt my paper only a little toward the right, not totally horizontal. (I've seen you in your videos with the paper horizontal and I wondered if that was the way you write all the time);-)

    I'm all about making myself into something new and better..challenging myself to stretch and grow. If you're not growing you're dying.... There's no reason for mediocrity. But then again, I am quite hard on myself, but I guess in a good way.

    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.