Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Tuesday, August 7

Core Cards Creative Frenzy

I'm kind of a card stock junkie -- meaning -- whenever I make a trip to the craft store I always have a ton of card stock in my basket. ALWAYS. You can never have too much of it -- oooh and to feed that shopping desire in you and since I am in love with tearing, embossing cool patterns and stitching the sand-able Core'dinations card stock I thought I would share a few cards I made over the weekend.

First I made this Halloween card. I love the way you can get an instant, vintage look with this paper just from sanding, just a regular sanding block or sanding paper will do. Let me show you my favorite card -- I know -- they're all my favs -- so how about I start with the first one ;-D.

I started out embossing the white core cardstock with my favorite Damask Embossing Folder and sanded it to reveal the white of the core. Then I added some brown ink and created my stamped, stitched and layered card. I also added some blue watercolor paint to get a bluish look and to paint the curled edge on the top right. This cardstock is sturdy enough to take embossing, sanding, tearing and after all that -- an application of water.

Here's a close-up. I love the stacked eyes! 
Before I get in to the next card, I wanted to share something fun. You can get more than one look from Core'dinations and your embossing folder -- just  by paying attention to how you place the paper in the folder. Take a gander at the two samples below. The white one on the left was placed in the Embossing Plus Cuttlebug Folder with the White of the Core'dinations facing up. When I sanded the embossed sections I revealed the pattern that was EMBOSSED, or raised design on the paper.

When I placed the SAME paper in the Embossing Plus Folder with the White of the Core'dinations facing down, the design was DEBOSSED into the card stock. When I sanded the black around the design was removed - leaving the design that was impressed into the paper white. I know -- it's not white. ha ha. Patience.
After I had sanded quite a bit and wiped the sanding particles away I took my watercolor paints and brushed pink watercolor paint over the paper and used my hair dryer to dry it.  

When that was dry I took an orange colored pencil to the design and added some orange highlights to the DEBOSSED (pressed in) design on the paper. Neato, huh. See why I love this paper.  So many cool ways to use it.

Here it is with the sentiment, some pearls and funky cheapo butterflies from the Dollar Store. LOVE this, quick - easy -- and it creates a huge impact.  It literally took me 25 minutes to make -- start to finish!

For the last card today I used Core'dinations to create this beautiful folder with a pull-out tag. But, it's not only a folder -- it's got a funky zipper added to give you a little peak of the design inside.

I really like that the card stock is double sided -- as you can see on these punched and layered flowers. I wish I had embossed the paper first, but I was so excited about making the flowers that I totally spaced that.

I love the way this turned out -- especially since I used some beautiful papers and embellishments from RUBY Rocket that my sweet friend Rachel Carlson gave me at CHA. I love the quilted designs on this particular sheet and the fun chipboard pennants. 

So, that's it, hope you enjoyed something other than art journaling today! Have a wonderful day and stay tuned for more cool stuff tomorrow!
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cars! I was thinking that I should make a few myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them. The zip is really effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! Love these! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.