Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, February 6

Pretty Spring Stamped Card

I wanted to share this pretty card I made with you for a couple reasons. One -- I made it eons ago and I don't think I have shared it yet. Two -- since we're in for another 6 weeks of winter I thought you could use a little cheering up with something bright and springy! 


This is a fun frame card that I created to demonstrate how to watercolor paint on stamped images. It's really easy, in case you haven't tried it before. All you need to remember is to use a permanent or solvent ink when you stamp your image so when you apply the watercolor paint the stamped image doesn't run. 


You can also apply water to printed images if you don't have any stamps or solvent ink. Just remember to use a Spray Fixative if you print Inkjet Images to keep the ink from smudging; you can also run to the copy center and have a photocopy made onto card stock. If you are lucky and have a laser printer -- use that to print your image onto card stock and you're ready to get started! 


The full card, doesn't it make you think of spring? 

Thanks for stopping by, I'm running around trying to catch up from my trip to Los Angeles for the CHA Show. It was an amazing week -- and I'm so glad I went. Have a great week -- and feel free to ask questions about painting with watercolor paints if you have them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.