Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Wednesday, February 8

Coffee and Butterflies

I know you know about my ADDICTION to using butterflies in my art projects -- so seeing these pretty ones is nothing new to many of you. I thought I would share how I made them -- so you can try it and see how easy and fun they are to work with. 

I started this project by stamping a bunch of butterflies from Inkadinkado using StazOn ink onto watercolor paper. I was planning on using a lot of them ;-)

Then I poured some cold COFFEE in a small bowl and painted some onto each butterfly -- to get a vintage photo look -- like a Cavallini look to them. 
And then I used a watercolor crayon to add some color. You can see that I didn't worry much about staying in the lines! 
When the sheet of pretty butterflies was dry I used my finger to brush a light coat of Glossy Accents over the top of each sweet insect ;-) 
When that final step was dry -- I used some detail scissors to fussy cut each one away -- and then assembled this pretty card -- using new Brenda Walton stamps that Inkadinkado released at CHA, they will be available soon. 



I guess I should say that painting with coffee is my latest love! I really love the look it adds to the projects I've used it on -- it adds a wonderful -- vintagey look that distress inks and inking the edges of your paper just can't add. It's almost like the paper REALLY sat in a dark, humid attic for a 100 years! 

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day, thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. beautiful card Cat. I'm also a huge butterfly fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok girl we are sista's!!! I love my coffee and butterflies and creating...these are beautiful...

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.