Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, November 4

Just a Little Project....

I started making this as a pendant for something and then set it aside and forgot about it. Today when I was cleaning my studio I found it again.....and since the deadline has come and gone, I thought I'd share it with you. I didn't get the last few steps completed, but I wanted to. :-)

To make this wooden pendent:

You'll need: 2" wooden disk, dictionary pages, decoupage glue, watercolor pencils, photocopy of a photograph, scissors, sand paper, glue stick

1. Glue the wooden disk to the dictionary paper. If there is a pattern on the paper that you want on your disk, hold the paper and disk up to the window and trace the disk over the pattern on the back side of the paper. This is where you will glue the disk, make sure you get the pattern centered on the disk.

2. Cut the excess paper away using scissors and sand the edges using a nail file or fine sand paper.

3. Add a light layer of gesso to the edges of the disk.

4. Find a work in the dictionary that describes your image and cut it out. Glue it to the image using a glue stick.

5. Color image using colored pencils or watercolor pencils.

6. Photocopy vintage photograph of people and cut the people away from the background.

7. Glue dictionary paper to the other side of the disk.

8. Glue photocopied people over top of the dictionary paper.

9. Wrap with copper foil tape. Seal both sides with epoxy, Glossy Accents or your sealant of choice. Be sure to let it dry in between sealing sides.

10. Add a silver hanger to hang from a necklace or drill a hole for a jump ring. If you can find an eye hook small enough, drill a tiny pilot hole in the top of the disk and gently insert the eye hook.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy the rest of your week! Maybe I'll find the time to finish mine this week! I think I'll use it on my keychain when I do get it finished.

6 comments:

  1. I like this! I still need to do the bracelet one out of your book. I had always intended to do that one. You always come up with the coolest stuff!

    -c
    yapping cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this! I still need to do the bracelet one out of your book. I had always intended to do that one. You always come up with the coolest stuff!

    -c
    yapping cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want 100 of them! lol.. Cool
    Can you please come over so we can make some. I miss you my friend. So do aly and molly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea I have tons of those wooden disk laying around the studio I have to make some. thanks for sharing. Your the best...

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.