- I'm anxious to smell the dirt.
- Looking forward to scrubbing the dirt from my fingernails.
- Planning my raised beds, like the Pioneer Woman talked about today on her blog.
- Scouring the Johnny's Seed Catalog so I can get started on planting seeds and watching the fruits of my labor bless my garden, my table and my pantry
- I want to open the windows and let the spring air in....turn off the pellet stove and be gone with the dust for a while
- I want to put my hat, mittens and down coat away never to pull them out again!
So, now that you really get a peak into where my mind's eye is, you can tell that when a storm came on Sunday night and took our power, cable and telephone away and brought TONS of snow I wasn't happy. And when our power didn't come back on Monday morning and there was no school after a week of school vacation, and when it STILL wasn't back on Tuesday morning - how happy I was. I went to the gym to take a shower. No flushing of the toilet or warming cups of tea. We ate at the Family Diner (aka my Mom's house) down the street....and went there to keep warm.
This is what I saw when I woke up on Monday morning and walked down to the Family Diner to get some warm food in my Little V's tummy.
What did make me happy is that I got to see our little friend Benny as I was on my way to town to take a shower. He didn't seem to mind that there was no power, he also didn't seem to be to afraid of me either. I took a little video of him chomping away on the branch, paying no mind to me.
Well, have a great day...i've got lots of house cleaning and crafting to catch up on. Thanks for visiting!