Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Friday, January 30

Today i'm thinking of...

Last August, when I went to see my dear friend Vic and the wonderful weather we had that week. Not to hot. Not to cold. No rain, just perfect weather and lots of fun antiqueing, meeting friends (like in the picture below of Shawn, Vic and myself) and relaxing for the entire week with a good friend, her family and beloved dogs. Not that I need to relax right now, I'm pretty caught up from the overload of the holidays and all the work I needed to do....to the point of feeling lazy - but that's another story! It's the weather that I am longing for. The warm, sunny days with green grass and beautiful flowers, butterflies and gardening. I can't remember a winter that I dreaded as I did this one....even when we got the first snow I wasn't ready for winter, in fact I prayed for it to be our ONLY snowfall of the year. In the fall my Mother and I had started walking together a couple of times a week, I was doing some work outside to my gardens....and just enjoying see our yard sans snow and temps below 10 degrees! Alas, that hasn't happened, but a girl can dream right?
Photos by Becky Novacek
Speaking of being lazy, I need to get some creative motivation. it's not that I'm not feeling creative, it's more that I'm obsessed with reading. Reading books about Queen Elizabeth, the daugher of Henry VIII. I'm obsessed with them. I love that period of time, maybe I was re-incarnated from that time??

I went shopping today for baby things for a friend...oh my gosh Target has some of the most adorable things out there...NO, I don't want another baby - but I just love looking at baby clothes!

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you all have a great weekend. We're off for a family date to see a movie and have Thai food for dinner! Ta Ta for Now!

10 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you all - you look so happy and gorgeous!!!!
    Hang in there...Once this yikesey month is over all is going to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got your ATC yesterday!!!! LOVE IT so much!!!
    Thanks again for doing the swap, what a great tradition we started! Have a great w-end and will send something soon... Hugs from here, Stéphanie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had you on my mind so much lately! I missed you at CHA.. it just wasnt the same without you. Oh.. those photos bring back so many fun memories of last summer. I am SO ready to be done with winter!! Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww how sweet. I sure miss the warm weather too and seeing friends. maybe you can come to silver bella this year?? :) Our neighbors are adopting and you are right they baby stuff is adorable! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow is it really august when you was over at Vicki`s !? how time flies
    love the photo of you all
    Oh I really need some warmish weather,we have the white stuff and forecast looking pretty bad next 48hrs ugh roll on spring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you cute girls! I got to meet her at the convention last year. She seemed like such a sweet person. Love all the wonderful things she creates as well.

    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I would love to see both of you...just plan a trip and I will take both of you to my favorite places. Plan to stay with me and the 2 kids and the extra large dog that thinks it is a person. Kara

    ReplyDelete
  8. i thought that i had already posted to this. can i just say that i miss you?? i hope that everything is okay and that you are just having some r&r time.

    know that you are being thought of and missed lots!!take care....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading about the Boleyns, leading up to Elizabeth I. Can't get enough. It must be in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love those books to, read a bunch of them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.