Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Thursday, October 1

Try something new!

Sometimes when you get in a rut -- whether it's creatively or emotionally -- trying new things can boost you enough to get out of it. And sometimes shedding old "schtuff" is necessary, but I digress.

I took a fun class over the summer and learned how to make this fun little woven decoration for a rock. Those who know me know that I'm obsessed with cool rocks, and seeing that I like to play with them and make little cozies probably won't come as a surprise.  At the end of the day, I came home with this little beauty -- a favorite rock found for me by a favorite kid in a favorite place.

And it will sit on my desk for eternity. But, I couldn't stop thinking about OTHER ways to incorporate this new technique into something cooler and more interesting.


And I came up with this sweet little heart. Only, this is a piece of sea glass wrapped with wire. Same technique, but wholly different supplies. I just love how getting out of the box can really knock your creativity into overdrive!


And this is what it looks like today -- and it's hanging in my window as a quiet reminder to nurture my creativity and try new things. What are you doing to nurture your creativity?


Have a wonderful day, thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.