Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Thursday, August 1

Art Gone Wild! and Friends -- Let's Talk about STENCILS!

Good Morning and HAPPY Thursday! Today I wanted to share with you one of my stencils -- while I might say that it's my favorite -- tomorrow I might say something else is my favorite. I really LOVE all my products from Art Gone Wild! They are really easy to work with while giving you room to add your own artsy fartsy flair. You gotta love that!

Today I wanted to share the 9x12 Journal Paisley. This stencil is really verstatile -- allowing you to use it on cards, scrapbook pages and also in your art journals!

For this page, you can see I used it as a journal page entry and then added my flair for doodling to it. I simply placed it on a piece of 9x12 Strathmore Mixed Media Paper and sprayed it with Liquitex Low Odor (I think that's what it's called) spray paint. When that was dry I did some doodling in pencil and then added color with watercolor paints, Gelli Pens, Distress Paint and some markers and colored pencils too.

When all the wet media was dry I outlined some of the areas and added details here and there with a black Multi-Liner. The journaling in the center was done with a white Gelli.

I love how this page turned out.

Journal Paisley Stencil by Catherine Scanlon for Art Gone Wild! and Friends
9” x 12” Stencil CSSTL-002 Journal Paisley

The second project I want to share with you is a 5x7 card. To create this card I placed the stencil on a piece of the same mixed media paper and t raced the lines with a pencil. Then I went in and added the color with a lot of different mediums and let it dry. Once it was dry I rounded the corners and stitch the paisley panel to a piece of black cardstock and also to the blank card base. The sentiment was created in Word and printed on cardstock and added to the card with foam tape -- and voila -- a colorful and happy card to send someone that needs a little pick me up! 
Journal Paisley Stencil by Catherine Scanlon for Art Gone Wild! and Friends
Thanks for stopping by today, I'll be back on Monday to share some samples from another stencil! Have a GREAT day!

3 comments:

  1. Yum, Catherine. Love the bright colors! You have so hooked me on this medium. It's coming along slowly, but I have not given up! Thanks for your encouragement and patience when we met at Kept Creations. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your paisley page and card. So pretty. I have always loved paisleys. They are so versatile too...can be colored for a more masculine feel for guys. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.