Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Saturday, May 11

Art Journal Round Robin

Today I wanted to share a fun project I did with some brave and creative women when I was at Kept Creations in Whitman, Mass last Saturday. I call this Round Robin Art Journal Page -- and it is a TON of fun. Great for anyone whether they can draw or not.

We started out drawing on a piece of 9 x 12 Mixed Media Paper from Strathmore. We each drew on our own page for 3 minutes -- which was a VERY long time. When the timer went off we sent our page off to the rest of the group and then drew for 1 minute on each of the pages as they came around.


I think we had 6 or 7 people in the Round Robin -- plenty of people to fill up EVERY page with unique, creative and beautiful shapes and images.

This week I had time to add some color to mine using the Sakura Gelly Pens.

The only problem with them -- not enough colors  :-D

I absolutely love the opaqueness of them!


And finally here it is without the quote I decided on:

The next time you gather with a group of art journalers or friends -- consider spending 15 minutes on a round robin!

Thanks for stopping by -- have a great weekend and HAPPY Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Absolute fun idea!!! Might be fun to have a round robin scrap meet. Allow 15 minutes per round robin (time might be better determined depending on how many attendees participate) and the hostess gives a prompt on what to draw, then after the allotted time is up, artist pass their page. You could have prompts like "Draw a Birdie" or "Draw 5 Circles with Polka Dots". This would be a good way for budding artist to practice and also learn from other artist techniques....sounds kinda fun to me :) Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks like it would be loads of fun. LOL! I love the statement about great for everyone even if they can't draw.

    Hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just so beautiful Cat! You are crazy talented my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.