Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Monday, July 9

Sweetest Boys


 Last week my husband and son went camping up to the place in Maine where my husband works. It's a glorious place -- with lots of woodland  creatures, streams, dirt roads, trails to explore.....
And treasure to find.
 
 oh, and did I mention wild flowers to pick?

I had a lot of work to catch up on so I only spent Wednesday and Thursday with them. It was a long almost 3 hour drive -- and I was tired from staying up late and getting up early. When I arrived at the campsite (exhausted and ready for a nap I might add) on Wednesday morning I found my sweetest boy standing near a table filled with old bottles.
And each old bottle was filled with a different wild flower.
What a treat -- and boy does he know the way to his Mama's heart.
 
While we sat around the fire I dug out my sketch book -- two of them actually -- this is from my Art Journal Sketch Book - and drew all of the pretty flowers. Since I"m trying hard to break the pencil habit I used a new Close to my Heart Grey Marker. Which -- is perfect the substitute for a pencil.  Almost like working with a pencil -- only you can't erase.
I had a little bit of time over the weekend so I added some color with my Koi watercolors. I just love the way this turned out. And really, it is so much more than a sketch to me since my sweet boy was so thoughtful. Every time I see this group of sketches and photos I'll remember how sweet and thoughtful he is -- and he's only 12.
Oh, and my husband cleaned the outhouse for me. That was just as thoughtful since it apparently was disgusting before I arrived, LoL!
 
Thanks guys, you sure do know how to make a gal feel special!
 
That's all for today -- have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I think Maine is one of the most beautiful states. I can't wait to be back up there in April. Love your flowers, and your son is just the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketches...well I think cleaning the hothouse rates pretty darn high that it deserved a sketch also...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and thoughtful boy *heart* I'm very inspired by you sketching....must have a go at playing with my water-colour pencils sometime..

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.