Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Thursday, April 3

Paper Making Escapade with Loretta

Tuesday I went to Loretta's house to make paper. When I got there the kitchen was warm and steamy from all the wonderful things she had getting ready on the stove - though silly me thought she was making soup or something...LOL. We quickly got busy getting our ideas out for the sheets we wanted to make. The first image above shows the small screen that her wonderful husband made for her, I'm trying to make a collage IN the fibers using cut up bits of vintage book paper and blue easter basket filling stuff. I thought that pouring some of the white pulp on top of my collage would help secure the confetti bits to my paper - and I was right... The second shot shows the sheet before it is taken of the screen and couched with paper towels. The third image is just a plain white sheet with the vintage book paper confetti, I love the way this looks. The last image is Loretta pulling her sheet - she put crumbled bits of Chinese lantern, some onion skin and something else orange but I can't remember. I love the way that one turned out. My next challenge is to use that paper - and BTW - using that paper will qualify for my Golden State Challenge because I used pages from the book for my confetti...he he he. BTW - it's almost 53 degrees today and my river has melted so much that I think there should be a complete "ice out" state by the middle of next week. YAhoo - but not a yahoo for tomorrows weather because snow and mixed precip is forcasted. Come on people, it's almost April 4th!! :-)

5 comments:

  1. oh wow- that is sooo cool - I want to do this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow cat is there anything you can't do? That paper I bet is totally gorgeous in person! I can't wait to see what you make out of that paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks messy, but like oh so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been so long since I've made paper!!...but I LOVE that first sheet you shown... VERY COOL! Leave it to you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.