Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Tuesday, May 13

Flowers always Inspire!

Last week I visited with a friend I haven't seen in a long time. We spent a little bit of time talking about business and a lot of time catching up. As I was leaving I noticed a watercolor painting I had done YEARS AND YEARS ago (sometime around 2001) hanging on her wall. It made me happy to see it -- and to be reminded that I am still doing what I love -- creating art.


The narcissus in this painting happen to be flowers from bulbs that were originally in my grandmother's garden. I transplanted them to my garden a few years ago and I think the moles must have eaten them because they haven't bloomed since. Seeing this painting was a lovely reminder of my grandmother and now much I loved her flowers.


My Mother invited us for dinner on Mother's Day and I snapped this picture of a bouquet of daffodils she picked from her garden. As I was processing the photos on my computer this morning I thought the composition of this photo looked similar to the narcissus painting above -- I think it might become the inspiration for a new painting. Only bigger, and in acrylics.


Thanks for dropping by, enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.