Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Thursday, September 26

Deconstructed Journal: Weekend ReCap

Wow, seems like forever since I blogged last. Almost a week I guess. This week I've been trying to get caught up as I've had some distractions over the last several weeks that have kept me from getting things created and classes ready to open and most importantly from creating artsy fartsy things to blog about. I did spend the last weekend away and it was a great break from the stress -- I traveled back to Kept Creations in Whitman, Massachusetts to teach a brand new fun class that I am totally in love with.

With all the things going on I've been having a hard time getting started on that to-do list. Today I was really feeling the urge to be creative, so I thought I would work on finishing a few of the demo's I created for the class.

Deconstructed Journal: Important Info Page by Catherine Scanlon

The class was called "Deconstructed Journal" and was a painty, creative mess (in the best possible way) using the gelli plate. I loved seeing how everyone used the tools and demos to create the pages for their own journals. For this page I combined two different stencils, one from Dina Wakely and the other from Heidi Swapp. This series turned out great -- but my favorite one -- a collaboration with another student -- was swapped with one of the students. I tried to veto the swap but well, you know how that goes.
Deconstructed Journal: Important Info Page by Catherine Scanlon

This morning, as I was spinning my wheels with the news, facebook and lots of other distractions I decided to take 20 minutes or so to simply play and finish up some of the demo pages I started in the class.
Deconstructed Journal: Important Info Page by Catherine Scanlon

To finish this particular page, I journaled in the body of the woman with a pencil and then painted over it with watered down white gesso. I also added some black paint on the left and right to fill in some distracting white areas and used my lettering stencil to add some important information that I wanted to remember about the journaling. 
Deconstructed Journal: Important Info Page by Catherine Scanlon

That greenish blue strip at the top totally makes me giddy. And the silver happiness that radiates out of her body -- yeah -- that's another happy part. Two great reasons to be happy right there -- greenish blue and silver happiness radiating from your body.

Well anyway enough of my silly nonsense, thanks for stopping by today -- if you feel yourself stuck in the mud -- take a few minutes out of your day to do something creative for no other reason than to make yourself happy! Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, it came out so lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh- that came out gorgeous!!! Love it! And I love love loved your class! So much fun. I am looking forward to finishing my pages. Donna and I are in Houston for the Collins Show, but next weekend I am going to set aside some time to be creative with my pages.
    By the way- it was a long flight to Texas and my little travel journal and pastels came in very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Made me giddy with happiness just looking at your page. Love those silver lines. Thanks for sharing.

    LOL! I'm going to take a few moments to play with glitter glue. Playing with glitter always makes me happy. I love playing with shiny things.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.