Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Tuesday, November 8

oH cHRISTmAS tREE, oH cHRISTmAS tREe...how lovely are your branches!

It is NOVEMBER after all, (don't forget to vote today) so I guess it's ok to share more Christmas projects! Last week I spent the afternoon catching up with a friend I haven't seen in a bit -- and since I was inbetween projects and had a new Spellbinders Die Set I wanted to play with I got myself all prepped to make this little ornament.


I used all wool felt, it cuts so much easier in my die-cutting machine. Acrylic felt from the craft store has little fibers that always hang on and you have to cut them by hand -- I think it may be because they are made from recycled plastic containers -- not sure on that though.


I made the poinsettia from 4 or 5 layers of die-cut wool poinsettia flowers, some hand embroidery (doesn't really show), some freshwater pearls and velvet leaves from my stash.


With some hand-sewing, beading and other fun things I think this ornament came out perfect! Not sure if I am going to gift it or try and sell it in my Etsy. If you are interested in taking a class from me to learn how to make ornaments like this and more plus a vintage shadowbox (PLUS: 3 other instructors teach their holiday projects) in a fun holiday class at My Creative Classroom, check out All About Christmas. It's still open for enrollment -- but won't be for long. You'll have to wait until next year if you miss it this time!

Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great day and get everything you vote for ;-)

3 comments:

  1. This is totally gorgeous. I didn't even know you can cut felt with the Spellbinders dies...after seeing this gorgeous ornament, guess what I'll be trying next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really gorgeous and I am the lucky one who got one in the secret Santa swap from Nathalie :-)) I am a lucky girl and i love it thank you Catherine.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.