Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Tuesday, October 4

What I did on my summer vacation #3

Took a workshop on my birthday weekend with Donna Downey and two great friends Hannah and Leslie from Beattie Chicks at Artascope Studios in Portland. It was a wonderful weekend -- Friday night, Saturday and Sunday -- totally emersed in doing artsy stuff and not worrying about cooking or laundry or cleaning. Oh, and the husband dude got me an iPad. That's a whole other addiction I am dealing with, ha ha.
I think this is one of my journal pages from the weekend. Not sure as I don't recognize this, LOL. It might have been the beginning of something that got changed later. We did a lot of that during the weekend.
We went strawberry picking a couple of times and made a few batches of jam -- and froze a bunch for smoothies this winter. YUMM! The picking was great this summer and it's a fun thing I always love to do with my Mom.
The boy and I took horse riding lessons for a while. When we started trotting he got "smashed" a bit on the saddle and decided he didn't like it. It was almost the end of summer so we just stopped. I might start up again when I'm not so busy with classes and creative stuff. It's a nice relaxing way to spend an afternoon. I know I feel much more comfortable around horses and am not afraid to sit on them now. I can check that off my bucket list that's for sure!
More art journaling -- this page was made at the Beattie Chicks art journaling night. Love the way this page came out!

Just one more post -- but I'll post about some other stuff tomorrow! have a great day -- thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.