Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Saturday, October 1

It was an Art Journaling Summer!

I've did a lot of Art Journaling this summer, it started with a workshop that I took on my birthday weekend with Donna Downey and then I continued working in a variety of styles and different journals I have made for the rest of the summer. It's a fun and healing way to create art and work out different feelings you have about things that are going on in your life. I also use my art journal pages to try new techniques and save those scraps of papers and things I don't want to throw away. You can check out a how-to make your own art journal here on a recent post I did at the Spotted Canary.,


In this page I was playing around with a resist technique using silver alcohol ink from Tim Holtz. I liked the technique but didn't like the way that I couldn't really control the size of the silver splats. I also loved the house that I had found in an old magazine and wanted to save that before it got lost in the piles of scraps in my studio, LOL.

I also wanted to share this tip, I use a large piece of newsprint, cut in half and stuck behind the page I am working on and over the page facing the page I am working on. This helps protect them from drips and splats that may happen. You could also use newspaper, wax paper or any scraps big enough to protect your pages.

I was playing around with image transfers and resists on this page. I have a couple of Caran D'ache NeoColor II wax crayons that I was picked up at the art store by mistake and I wanted to try them out. You can see that I did my heartfelt journaling on the bottom of the page and covered it up with the red circles.

Sometimes I'm really busy but want to create something so I go to my art journal and spend a few minutes here and there getting messy with paint, ink and whatever is on my desk. It's a great way to work out frustrations and move on with the day!

Thanks for stopping by -- hope you have are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.