Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Saturday, October 1

It was an Art Journaling Summer!

I've did a lot of Art Journaling this summer, it started with a workshop that I took on my birthday weekend with Donna Downey and then I continued working in a variety of styles and different journals I have made for the rest of the summer. It's a fun and healing way to create art and work out different feelings you have about things that are going on in your life. I also use my art journal pages to try new techniques and save those scraps of papers and things I don't want to throw away. You can check out a how-to make your own art journal here on a recent post I did at the Spotted Canary.,


In this page I was playing around with a resist technique using silver alcohol ink from Tim Holtz. I liked the technique but didn't like the way that I couldn't really control the size of the silver splats. I also loved the house that I had found in an old magazine and wanted to save that before it got lost in the piles of scraps in my studio, LOL.

I also wanted to share this tip, I use a large piece of newsprint, cut in half and stuck behind the page I am working on and over the page facing the page I am working on. This helps protect them from drips and splats that may happen. You could also use newspaper, wax paper or any scraps big enough to protect your pages.

I was playing around with image transfers and resists on this page. I have a couple of Caran D'ache NeoColor II wax crayons that I was picked up at the art store by mistake and I wanted to try them out. You can see that I did my heartfelt journaling on the bottom of the page and covered it up with the red circles.

Sometimes I'm really busy but want to create something so I go to my art journal and spend a few minutes here and there getting messy with paint, ink and whatever is on my desk. It's a great way to work out frustrations and move on with the day!

Thanks for stopping by -- hope you have are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.