Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Thursday, September 9

Is it really almost FALL?

I found this leaf in the driveway on the first day of school last week. Yes, I tweaked the color just a tad in Photoshop! I can hardly believe that fall really is -- for all intents and purposes -- right here. Even though Maine declared a heat wave last week. Even though our pool wasn't installed until July 9th. Even though I'm not ready, it will still come on like a lion.

As I was driving home from town on Saturday I glanced up into the fringe of trees that rimmed the road and saw one beautiful red leaf in a sea of green. Yes, a second confirmation that it is coming.

As I put on my pajama's last night I reached for my flannels because it was just a little chilly - and had a cup of tea while I watched TV.

sigh.

I'm not really ready for cold weather yet. Even though it is as beautiful as spring.

As Albert Camus said, "Autumn is a second spring, when every leaf is a flower."

Thanks for stopping by....

3 comments:

  1. Fall is my fav!!!! Love the colors-beautiful leave-a sign of something awesome-me too I am not ready for cold weather-love that saying leaf is a flower-never thought of that...thanks for sharing

    peggy lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran a little heat in the car on the way into work this morning. I did not want to dogs to be chilled (yeah right!). Love the colors and the "smell" of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favorite time of year. One day I hope to make it back up your way to see the leaves actually change color...rather from green to brown as they do here! :D

    -c

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.