Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Saturday, September 18

beautiful Harvest

I took an afternoon away from working and picked all these (and more) and made a HUGE batch of tomato sauce with my Mother over the weekend. It is delicious and will be perfect on a cold, blustery night this winter!

I really didn't anticipate having so many tomatoes this year as my plants got some type of blight early on. I ended up ripping out my cherry tomato plants because they were ravaged and the fruit looked awful.

I had decided to leave the rest of the plants in the ground to harvest what I could - thinking it would be minimal. I was over-joyed with the amount that I ended up picking - and making things with. I've made salsa, stewed tomatoes and that huge yummy batch of tomato sauce. Plus we've eaten a ton.

The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.
William Blake

I'd love to know, what did you harvest this summer? Enjoy your day and be thankful for the happy; unexpected surprises in your life!

3 comments:

  1. they look yummie and great pics---glad you got to enjoy them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pickles, pickles and more pickles. My sister in law and I got together and made a bushel and a half of dills for a total of 68 large jars. A first for both of us and mmm are they good. I've gone through a jar and a half since Labour Day wknd. Tomorrow ... I work with tomatoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No harvest for me here in Phoenix :( One must really have a green thumb to grow anything in this heat! Your tomatoes look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.