I’m happy to announce that I’ve been invited to be a Guest Teacher in the very popular scrapbook Design theory course by Kylie Hopkins called Design IT. I'm really excited to be involved in this course, Kylie is very talented as are the other Guest Teachers's she's recruited! Here’s the description of Kylie’s course:
BIGGER and BETTER with NEW projects, resources added from my Fall 2009 class "Colour Me Scrappy" incorporated, PLUS new tutorials from some special guest instructors... Teri Martin, Shirley Pando, Samantha Star and Catherine Mathews-Scanlon. Alicia Barry will also be returning for a very special guest appearance. You are invited to join Kylie for a class jam-packed with scrapbooking techniques and projects. The classroom is filled with informative PDF tutorials and photo slide shows created to show you how to release your hidden talents and natural style. Listed below are some of the topics that are covered in this class:Design Principles that Work
- Using Sketches - presented by guest tutor Alicia Barry
- Inspiration from Life
- The Balancing Act
- Blank Space BEWARE!
- It's the size that matters
- Position, Position, Position
- A Touching Display
- A Little Goes a Long Way
- KISS Principle
- Making a Statement!
- Colour Tutorial - presented by guest tutor Teri Martin
- Scraplifting Secrets
- Mole Hills & Mountains
- Journaling Basics
- Journaling Life As We See It
- History Makers
- Taking Scrapbooking Off-the-Page - presented by guest tutor Shirley Pando
- Altered Chipboard Alphas - presented by guest tutor Samantha Star
- Mixed Media (Stitching on Pages) - presented by guest tutor Catherine Matthews-Scanlon
Here's the page I created for the Mixed Media lesson, I called it Abundance.
Here's a close-up of the page I created for the course
During the course you will be provided with at least 14 creative challenges you can choose from, over 20 supporting resource PDF's and at least nine step-by-step projects to complete.
You can sign up for Kylie’s class here: New Design IT! Scrapbooking Design Theory course