Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Saturday, November 29

the hoard

I am not embarrassed to admit that I buy a lot of art supplies -- and some I have never used or used once and get frustrated with them and never to be used again.

This week I was pawing through my pen drawer and discovered a Pentel Color Brush that I bought some years back. I remember opening it and being immediately disappointed with it.

But, for whatever reason I decided to give it another try.


And this is what happened. I like the way it turned out. As with everything new and different, it takes a fresh perspective or giving it a few more minutes to see how it works. Or setting it aside for a few years to grow as an  artist and give it another shot.

I really like the results so far.




With anything, it takes practice. So, I've decided to fill a little notebook with 10 minute sketches to get better with using it.

Thanks for dropping by, have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine, Just little 10 minute drawings. I think they are fabulous. I especially like the vase of flowers. Keep drawing and I will keep on enjoying.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.