It's that time of the month -- when the Whatever Team comes out with our monthly edition of stories. In case you don't know what Whatevers is, a group of artsy friends have gotten together to give our favorite old photos a story. Each month we pick one photo (that we also provide to you, if you'd like to play along), of people who are in need of a story. You know, that long lost photo. One of those you might find at a flea market, or vintage shop. The kind that always makes you wonder. Where do these people belong? You DO know they belonged to someone. We'll we give them a new story and now journey ... a new adventure! We each create a page and story just for them. As you can image, it's a creative journey that takes many different paths :)
You can see what everyone is up to this month by following these links:
Without further delay, here's my story for this month!!
Cordelia knew that Winston was hiding something, she just knew. The story he had told her so far sounded far fetched and had a lot of holes and missing information.
As she waited for him to return from his “fishing trip” she looked through her old photo albums remembering the many happy times they had had.
The pictures from their modest wedding helped her remember how much they were in love – but the pictures of Winston as a boy on a farm with his mother and a cow made her sit back and think about the situation and how long he’d been gone and how much he had missed in Winnie and Newt’s lives.
In this picture, he’d named the cow Oscar, or at least that’s what it said on the back of the photo.
Mother and Oscar with Bessie.
No, wait. The Cow was Bessie. Who was Oscar? He looked just like Winston. Red hair. Cute nose. Blue eyes.
And Winston’s mother looked old enough to be a grandmother not a mother to “Oscar”.
Who, exactly, was Oscar?
Here is how it works
- Vicki, Cat, Cuchy (Carmen), Martha and I and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers. The photo will be posted at the end of our blogposts- not on Facebook!
- There are no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
There are no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There are no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an artjournal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.