And, before I get started with Cordelia and Winston, take a minute to check out what Nat and Vic's Whatevers are up to this month!
Cordelia had returned home to Germany without Winston and had settled in to the Castle with her family for the long haul. Life was starting to return to normal -- and it was summer so she had plenty of summer activities to keep Winnie and Newt busy. Like boating on the pond on the Castle grounds.
Normally a fun passtime, but now she couldn't even think about boating. A messenger had just hand-delivered a letter. The envelope had her name scrawled across the front.
And it was in Winston's handwriting.
She was afraid and excited to open it -- she thought she should wait until she was alone in case it was bad news. So she slipped away from the festivities at the pond.
My Dearest Cordelia,I don't have much time before the guard returns so I will spare you the details until I see you again.
PLEASE DO NOT worry. I am fine.I am working on a way to get home to you and the children.your loving husband.W
Cordelia was elated and her wonderful husband was still alive! She said a little prayer and returned to the party. It was a wonderful day to celebrate the Summer Solstice -- she couldn't hope but have a little hope that he'd be home before the end of Summer so they could go home!
- Vicki, Nat and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you – just right click on it to safe it to download and show us your version of The Whatevers.
- There are no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
- There are no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There are no rules on the art form you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an art journal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
- You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page