Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!
Merrymeeting Art House is open for enrollment, click on the image to see the classes I'm offering right now!!

Tuesday, November 20

Do you See the Potential?

I have always thought of myself as a pessimist. But lately I have been questioning that. Is there such a thing as a pessimistic optimist?
Would that make me a optipest?
Or a pestiopt? 

ha ha. All kidding aside, what brought these thoughts to mind this week were these buttons. Yes, buttons. I bought the cutest coat at Christopher Banks. It was on clearance. Less than half price. And I loved it, but I hated the buttons. HATED them. My husband hates it when I say hate. I REALLY, REALLY DISLIKED THEM, ha ha.

They were everything I am not. Glitzy. Big. Glittery. And they didn't go with the cute fitted khaki jacket. And they really didn't go with me. jeans. clogs. t-shirt. scarf. nothing glitzy. no makeup. no fancy nails. just me. not glittery.

I loved the jacket -- and I could see the POTENTIAL of it. I could actually close my eyes and see the jacket with buttons that I liked. How cute it would be with buttons that fit my style. 

and the style of the jacket that I wanted it to be.
So I ran down to JoAnn's and bought $25.00 worth of buttons that fit my style. ha ha. Any savings I was happy about when buying the jacket were COMPLETELY GONE!

But you have to admit, it's one cute jacket now! Perfect for a casual Thanksgiving with family! or a movie date with my handsome husband. Or shopping with friends. You name it, I can't wait to wear it!

While it may be a stretch to call myself an Optimist -- I think I am rightly justified in saying I am a POSSIBILITARIAN! Or a POTENTIALIST!

Yes, I really like the sound of Potentialist! That sounds just about right.

thanks for stopping by, I hope you wake up today and see the Potential of Having a GREAT Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh... I just love you silly girl! Why cant you live next door? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.