Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, August 17

Happy Birthday Pops!

Here's another another quick card I made yesterday for my Father's birthday today. I started it Friday night about 10pm and finished it yesterday morning before finishing up some assignments with some NEW, BEAUTIFUL and LOVELY K & Company papers and embellishments.

One of the best things about making your own cards is you can:

  • make them while still in your pj's
  • make them any time of the day
  • make your card as manly, girly, or frilly and manly as you want - LOL
  • Make it from scraps and save yourself $5.00 for a decent Hallmark card

Back to the card. Can you tell I love the Spellbinders Labels Five Die - it's the same one I used for the wedding card I posted on Friday. I love that I can make my own cards at home - and have them come out so much nicer - and so much more substantial - and so much MORE than what I can buy at the store.

I had a little flub up on inking though and got a big blob of ink on the text - thankfully my Dad didn't notice at all!

I used the scrap corrugated cardboard from the mat on the front cover to make the pocket for the gift card we gave him. Have I mentioned lately that I love my Spellbinders?

My Dad did notice that it was a handmade card, and that really made the effort of making it for him worth it. To be honest, I think he liked the gift card to Home Depot the best!

Here's a few quick shots of the new pool and deck area in the back yard, and my husband relaxing on the deck after working on his little shed in the background. I sure can't wait for him to get THAT done ;-) Don't you just love the red umbrella? It was on clearance at Home Depot. The boy and I have enjoyed many an afternoon on the deck - eating our lunch while reading and enjoying the shade of the umbrella.

The deck is 2 tiered- with a little bench for additional seating. It was originaly going to be a planter but I decided that I didn't want the responsibility of having to remember to water the plants that I might or might not grow in it everyday. Since that area of the deck pretty much gets full sun all afternoon it would need watering everyday. I can barely remember to water my other garden. The chaise lounge in the background is also another favorite feature of the deck - MY chaise lounge. I need to find a cushion to match the umbrella, they are in pretty short supply these days. I'm thinking I may just get some foam and pretty fabric from JoAnn's and make my own, then I can make it zippered with piping and it will be completely washable.

Well, thanks for stopping by. Hope you had a GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice relaxing place to hang out :) I can picture Bento Boy writing his Peak's Island story on the deck :D Where is Guiness's doggie bed on the deck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Cat! And.. THAT POOL SET UP... LOOKS SO NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Catherine! I found your site off of Today’s Creative Blog! I love your craft! You are so talented! I am your newest follower! Woo hoo! I hope you stop by my new blog. I just started it 2 months ago and would love new friends! Please come see me at http://www.modernfamilymagazine.com

    -Heather-

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.