Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!
Merrymeeting Art House is open for enrollment, click on the image to see the classes I'm offering right now!!

Tuesday, August 17

Happy Birthday Pops!

Here's another another quick card I made yesterday for my Father's birthday today. I started it Friday night about 10pm and finished it yesterday morning before finishing up some assignments with some NEW, BEAUTIFUL and LOVELY K & Company papers and embellishments.

One of the best things about making your own cards is you can:

  • make them while still in your pj's
  • make them any time of the day
  • make your card as manly, girly, or frilly and manly as you want - LOL
  • Make it from scraps and save yourself $5.00 for a decent Hallmark card

Back to the card. Can you tell I love the Spellbinders Labels Five Die - it's the same one I used for the wedding card I posted on Friday. I love that I can make my own cards at home - and have them come out so much nicer - and so much more substantial - and so much MORE than what I can buy at the store.

I had a little flub up on inking though and got a big blob of ink on the text - thankfully my Dad didn't notice at all!

I used the scrap corrugated cardboard from the mat on the front cover to make the pocket for the gift card we gave him. Have I mentioned lately that I love my Spellbinders?

My Dad did notice that it was a handmade card, and that really made the effort of making it for him worth it. To be honest, I think he liked the gift card to Home Depot the best!

Here's a few quick shots of the new pool and deck area in the back yard, and my husband relaxing on the deck after working on his little shed in the background. I sure can't wait for him to get THAT done ;-) Don't you just love the red umbrella? It was on clearance at Home Depot. The boy and I have enjoyed many an afternoon on the deck - eating our lunch while reading and enjoying the shade of the umbrella.

The deck is 2 tiered- with a little bench for additional seating. It was originaly going to be a planter but I decided that I didn't want the responsibility of having to remember to water the plants that I might or might not grow in it everyday. Since that area of the deck pretty much gets full sun all afternoon it would need watering everyday. I can barely remember to water my other garden. The chaise lounge in the background is also another favorite feature of the deck - MY chaise lounge. I need to find a cushion to match the umbrella, they are in pretty short supply these days. I'm thinking I may just get some foam and pretty fabric from JoAnn's and make my own, then I can make it zippered with piping and it will be completely washable.

Well, thanks for stopping by. Hope you had a GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice relaxing place to hang out :) I can picture Bento Boy writing his Peak's Island story on the deck :D Where is Guiness's doggie bed on the deck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Cat! And.. THAT POOL SET UP... LOOKS SO NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Catherine! I found your site off of Today’s Creative Blog! I love your craft! You are so talented! I am your newest follower! Woo hoo! I hope you stop by my new blog. I just started it 2 months ago and would love new friends! Please come see me at http://www.modernfamilymagazine.com

    -Heather-

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.