Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, October 20

Winter Wonderland....but the real thing can WAIT!

Sorry I fell off the face of the Earth for the last week or so....I've had a lot of things going on. Hoping to get the these things figured out soon and be back on my normal yoga, running, work create blog schedule. Soon, I hope.

In the meantime, I have been busy with work things and some fun play things. I signed up for my first Red Lead ATC swap, though had a ditz moment and made them using images that are NOT red lead images....so not sure what they're gonna do about that. I may have some cool ATC's up for trade, we'll see. Hoping they let it slide this time.

Anyway, the theme is Winter Wonderland. My vision is that this looks like a window that was covered with frost and the frost was wiped away to see the children playing outside. Oh, how I love happy accidents!

I followed several steps to make these and thought I'd share them with you.

  1. First I did an image transfer on white Claudine Helmuth Sticky Back canvas using her Gel Medium.
  2. After letting image transfers dry overnight, I spritzed water on the center of the image and rubbed the paper away only from where the people were.
  3. I then applied a coating of glitter glue to the edges of the ATC, only to the paper that I had not rubbed off and sprinkled white frosty glitter on. I applied several coats of glue then glitter to build up a nice thick "frosty" layer.
  4. I also used colored pencils to color the people.
  5. Then I pealed the sticky back off of the paper and applied it to vintage book paper. The sticky back canvas is a bit smaller than 2.5" x 3.5"
  6. I stitched the sentiment strip with silver embroidery thread (oh my I really dislike embroidery floss......I originally planned on stitching a snowflake but quickly gave that endeavor up after only 2!)
  7. I attached the entire ATC so far to some pretty patterned paper and stitched around the edges using white thread.
  8. Then I decided that it needed some Vintage Glass Glitter and added a little here and there to the snowman on one and the little hand warming muff on the other.
  9. After adding my trading details to the back to all 11 of them they're done and ready to go out.
  10. Now, let's hope they're OK for the swap this time and I'll follow the rules next time!

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear about your endeavors into image transfers! Ever since taking Claudine Helmuth's class I've been making them like crazy!

8 comments:

  1. oh they are sooo pretty Catherine, i hope they are ok for your swap tooo....jenxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these Catherine, I need to play today and create, I have never made ATC cards I need to give it a try.

    Peggy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous ATC's Catherine! Envelope for you on the way today....

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous. Hope they let you slide, but if not, I'm up for a trade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THanks so much for your ATC's got them today!LOVE THEM! Hoping you get yours soon!

    Are we doing a round #2?
    Hugs and have a great day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These ATC's are absolutely fantastic! I love your concept of the frosty window and I love the vintage look of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful! I've seen their swaps before just haven't done them yet.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.