It's that time of the month -- you know the one -- when we have new stories for our Whatevers! Take a minute and check out what everyone else is telling this month:
Here's my story for November .......
Cordelia will never forget the two pretty girls she saw in Calcutta on her way to Thebes save Winston.
They wore such rich, beautiful, and colorful traditional clothing -- which surprised her since their feet and hands were filthy. She was glad she asked them to stand with her for a photo. But that was not why they were permanently etched in her brain.
No. Not at all.
It was hard to put her finger on why, really. Maybe it was because she was a mother -- but these two girls reminded her of how different her life, and the lives of her children were.
Each day when she woke up they were on her mind and several times throughout the day her thoughts wandered and rested on them. When she went to bed at night her thoughts gently drifted back to them.
It was a strange thing, those thoughts of hers.
Here is how it works
- Vicki, Cat, Cuchy (Carmen), Martha and I and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers. The photo will be posted at the end of our blogposts- not on Facebook!
- There are no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
There are no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There are no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an artjournal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page. Be sure to add your completed project to our inLinkz list here: